TV

Kevin Hart Tells Oscar-Airing Network: “Im Over The Moment”

“Im over it,” Kevin Hart told Good Morning America multiple times when asked about the Oscar-hosting controversy that has dominated headlines for weeks. The news confirms Deadlines scoop last week that Hart would not take on the hosting job.

Hart appeared on ABCs Good Morning America to talk about his new movie The Upside, but, given that ABC broadcasts the ceremony, took more questions about being offered the Oscar job, then stepping away when homophobic remarks from years ago were re-visited.

“Theres no more conversation about it … Im over that, Im over the moment,” he told Michael Strahan.

It became increasingly clear last week that the Academy would move forward with plans to go host-less, as Deadline reported, with multiple big stars taking the stage in short stints rather than have one start-to-finish emcee.

As for Hart, he repeated today that he apologized back in the late 2000s when the comments first happened, and multiple times after.

“Im not giving no more explanation of who I am,” Hart added. “Im just done…If you didnt hear, I dont know what youre looking for. Im a good person, I love to love; if you dont see that, then its a problem with you.”

Asked if he might still host this years Oscars, he said “No” adding that its too late to prepare.

His comments come two days after he again formally apologized to the LGBTQ community on his SiriusXM show Straight from The Hart for past homophobic comments and slurs. Then he added:

“The fight is the will and want for equality. Im riding with you guys. I understand you.”

“In the fight for equality, that means that there has to be an acceptance for change. If you dont want to accept people for their change, then where are you trying to get to the equal part? Where does the equality part come in?”

Hart was announced as the host for the Oscars on December 4. Days later, he stepped down as homophobic tweets from years ago re-emerged. At the time, Hart said hes already apologized for the tweets and that hes not the same person he was at that time. Hart explained via Instagram he got a call from the Academy and was asked to apologize again or step down as host.

Last week, however, while guesting on Ellen DeGeneres show, in his first interview since stepping down, she asked him to reconsider.

DeGeneres. a past Oscars host herself, said she called the Academy, whose reps said they still wanted Hart to host.

“Theyre gonna win if you dont host the Oscars,” DeGeneres said of online “trolls.”

“You cant let them destroy you and they cant destroy you because you have too much talent.”

But that triggered more backlash about his apology and about DeGeneres remarks.

Filed Under:

Original Article

Related Posts