The 12th Annual Spirited Awards took place in New Orleans over the weekend, and London bars dominated the event.
The Savoy hotels prestigious American Bar – the worlds longest-surviving cocktail bar – took home three awards, including Best International Hotel Bar, Best International Bar Team and Worlds Best Bar.
In fact, of 14 global awards, seven went to London cocktail bars – a hugely impressive number.
On the big win, American Bars manager Declan McGurk said: This is an incredible achievement and a real tribute to every member of our team, who work so hard and in such a collaborative way to ensure the success of The Savoys American Bar.
The bar also won Worlds Best Bar at Worlds 50 Best 2017, so theyre onto a winning streak.
However, if you want to go and celebrate with them, youll have to break the bank – their cheapest cocktail is £18 and they go all the way up to an eye-watering £5,000. Check out the full list of global and international winners below.
The winners of the best cocktail bars around the world:
- Best Bar Mentor: Andy Seymour, Liquid Productions
- Best New Spirit or Cocktail Ingredient: Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal Jabali
- Worlds Best Cocktail Menu: Dandelyan (London, UK)
- Worlds Best Spirit Selection: Sweet Liberty Drinks & Supply Co. (Miami, FL)
- Worlds Best Bar: The American Bar at the Savoy Hotel (London, UK)
- The Helen David Lifetime Achievement Award: John Lermayer
- Best International Bar Team: The American Bar, The Savoy (London, UK)
- International Bartender of the Year: Joe Schofield, Tippling Club (Singapore)
- Best International Brand Ambassador: Ian Burrell (Global Ambassador of Rum)
- Best International Cocktail Bar: Happiness Forgets (London, UK)
- Best International High Volume Cocktail Bar: The Clumsies (Athens, Greece)
- Best International Hotel Bar: The American Bar, The Savoy (London, UK)
- Best International Restaurant Bar: Sager + Wilde (London, UK)
- Best New International Cocktail Bar: Coupette (London, UK)