Nabil Fekir has hinted that his transfer to Liverpool could still be on this summer.
Last month, the 24-year-old came close to joining Anfield after a £53 million fee was agreed with Lyon.
Fekir completed a medical at Frances Clairefontaine training base and had even conducted interviews with Liverpools media team.
But Liverpool pulled out of the deal after concerns were raised over the midfielders right knee.
Fekir required surgery after suffering a cruciate ligament rupture in September 2015 and he needed a second operation on the same knee less than 12 months later.
But Fekir has given an indication that a move to Liverpool could still be on the cards.
Shubhro (@BoringChelsea) July 16, 2018
Shortly after he arrived at Moscows Sheremetyevo International Airport to catch his flight back to France, Fekir walked past a fan who shouted Liverpool! at him.
But instead of ignoring the call, Fekir turned around to nod and smile at the supporter.
Fekir is now due to go on holiday after helping guide France to victory at the World Cup in Russia.
Last week, Lyons president Jean-Michel Aulas also suggested that a deal with Liverpool could be reignited.
It seems to me that Liverpool could come back in, Aulas told Le10 Sport.
Thats what Ive read in the press, but Ive not been told anything.
His transfer failed in June, but he hasnt been affected by it. He is focused on the World Cup, and he still has his heart in Lyon.
Nabil is much closer to Lyon today than he was when we talked to Liverpool.
Maybe he will go to Liverpool, or another club, but if he stays at Lyon, it will be a great year for him and for us.
More: Liverpool FC